What you may not know about braces
There is so much more to braces than metal pieces on your teeth, and a beautiful smile at the end! Here are some fun facts you may not know!
1. The wires orthodontists use were created by NASA!
2. All orthodontists are dentists, but not all dentists are orthodontists. (All dentists go through dental training, but only a small percentage continue on with extra years of education and training to become an actual orthodontist. )
3. The concept of braces is 300 years old! Pierre Fauchard is the father of modern dentistry, and created the first set in the 1700's!
4. Brackets did not come into play with braces until Edward Angle introduced them in 1915.
5. Braces go beyond metal brackets nowadays! So they're for everyone! Check out our website to see the different kinds we offer: www.ulrichorthodontics.com.